8.09.2013

THINGS I LIKE : 01



This week has been a pretty relaxing one. I had the week off work, so I got in a lot of much-needed alone time (and managed to be somewhat productive in the process). I'm trying to enjoy these few weeks between the end of classes and the start of the fall semester. Although I'm not taking any classes, I will be working on my thesis + wedding planning + renovating a house (more on that soon!). It's about to get crazy again!

Here are a few links and things I've been liking this week. I hope you enjoy them, too!


Have a happy weekend!


DIY constellation coasters by Almost Makes Perfect. These are currently at the top of my DIY list. Stars and constellations are some of my favorite things, and they need to be in my house.

The Civil Wars new album. So great! Current favorite tracks: "From This Valley," "Eavesdrop," "Devil's Backbone," and "The One That Got Away." (This week only, it's on sale for $7.99 on Amazon!)

And in And bracelet from ModCloth. Because it's a bracelet with an ampersand and why not?!

iPhone Challenge by The Small Change Project. My own personal "rules" I'm trying to live by may be slightly different, but this just furthers what I talked about earlier this week.

Your Life is More Epic Than You Think. I love this article from Relevant. "The ordinary life we wake up to every day is full of its own magic, beauty, wonder, and meaning; we just choose to ignore it most of the time." YES!

- The Day I Stopped Saying "Hurry Up." This article from The Huffington Post is one more good reminder of the value of stopping and enjoying life in the moment instead of always racing to the next.

Meet the Racists! A great post on A Deeper Story from a couple of weeks ago. I don't agree with her on every point, but her underlying point--how racism and the like really all come down to the basic sin of pride--is excellent. (A Deeper Story is one of my favorite blogs because it is such a honest, varied look at life and faith. I don't always agree, but that's part of why I love it.)

Some of my favorite pins this week...




1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9

No comments:

Post a Comment