8.09.2014

A LIFE WORTH WRITING ABOUT

Lately, I’ve been wanting to write so badly, but haven’t been able to find the words. I feel like I have a permanent case of writer’s block and it sucks. Writing has always been such a huge part of me, and it’s a little disconcerting when all the right words are suddenly out of reach.

That being said, I’m sorry if things aren’t quite up to par around here for awhile. I know I’ve been MIA for a few months, but I want to start writing something again…even if it’s not the greatest. Something is better than nothing, right? I’m hoping the right words will catch up with me soon enough.


•     •     •     •     •

Earlier today, I was getting frustrated with the never-ending writer’s block I’ve been dealing with for months, and thought of this Ben Franklin quote. I looked out my window to see a perfect summer rain:

Soft. Slow. Ready for skin.

I stepped outside and stood there for a moment, just letting myself feel the rain on my face and shoulders. So simple, but so wonderful. I decided to take Riley to the park for a walk to enjoy it while it lasted, and I noticed:

The sound of rain falling through the trees, hitting the pavement beneath my feet.
The sight of my sweet little dog and his happily wagging tail.
The smell of grass & dirt & little adventures.

Intricate, beaded raindrops on grass & windshields. Bright green leaves against a dark gray sky. Thunder overhead, rain on my skin, happiness in my heart.

Realization: I cannot find meaning & connections in moments I have not experienced. Life is meant to be lived before it is captured—on paper, on camera, on canvas. How can God teach me when I’m not paying attention to what He puts right in front of me? The fuller I live in each and every moment I can, the more I will be able to find in them.



No comments:

Post a Comment