6.28.2013

SAFE

Beat. Beat. Beat.

My head against his chest, ear to heart, and I listen.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

It's a quiet, familiar sound. One that makes me feel safe, protected, loved.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

The world is seeming unsafe and uncertain these days. Hopes and opportunities, wide open, slammed shut, just like that.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

We talk and discuss. I don't believe in coincidence, nor does he. We've been searching for direction--what if this is it? What if all our missed marks are the arrows pointing us another way?

Beat. Beat. Beat.

Confusion, uncertainty, a hint of fear.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

I stare up at the stars, his hand touching mine. I feel so small, just a speck, but something tugs at my heart towards something so much bigger than I.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

And I remember: just trust. Let go of what you know, of what you think you want, and let Him lead the way.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

This road is not sure or familiar, but it is His.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

We are safe.

Beat. Beat. Beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment